Banana Py Oauth - https://github.com/claytantor/Banana-Py/blob/master/banana_py/__init__.py
Its seems as though the calls from https:This can be dealt with using the account-details method in the helper api. //login. mailchimp. com/oauth2/metadata don't return enough information to reliably create a user in the authenticating system and that the API does not have a method to get data on the OAuth user that the access token was generated for. This creates a problem when attempting to create a user for the first time. When user authenticates the following information should be in the response: email address, unique unchangeable id, and mail chimp username. Right now I have to use the "account_name" which can be changed. Can you see where this might be an issue? I also have to generate a fake email and force the user to verify the email when I could just use the one you verified already.
- The OAuth implementation does not implement scope.
- The OAuth implementation does not use best practices for refresh tokens.
- The OAuth implementation is difficult to implement a flow for, I have implemented about 10 of these and I couldnt figure it out from your docs. If Bananas wast there I would have ended up spending an insane of of time.
- Making the API docs say that the calls use the API key is confusing I had to read deep to see that you could use an access token to make calls.
- Why doesn't it have a OAuth implementation in the API, c'mom just add Bananas_OAuth and do a little more architectural work to unify the concepts.
UPDATE: Cole from Mailchimp API got back to me in a day and gave me a solution for #1, I added this to the Gist as well. Looks like it works.
I have a Gist that shows some of the backflips I am having to do, its too bad too because with some very small changes the OAuth2 implementation and API would be pretty darn good. Check out what I am doing: